Kanaan Message for Today
“God gives us what we ask for because we obey God’s commands and do what pleases him.” 1 John 3:22
Perhaps you are saying, “I have received so few of God’s good gifts. He has fulfilled so few of my wishes.” Why is your life so poor? You certainly cannot blame God. Let God ask you a few questions:
– Have you fulfilled My will by living according to My commandments?
– Have you given Me first place in your life and loved Me above all else?
– Have you loved your fellow beings with a love that bears all things, endures all things and does not become resentful?
– Have you honoured your parents?
– Have you slandered anyone, lied, stolen or committed adultery?
Scripture tells us that we will receive from God the good things for which we have asked – if we keep His Commandments. So live according to the will of God, and you will experience the truth of His promise: “I will rejoice in doing them good.” Jeremiah 32:41 RSV
Taken from Father of Comfort by M. Basilea Schlink